Sunday, December 27, 2009

Whatdo Sport Exhausts Do To Mopeds

Excursion: Learn Japanese

Here indeed something else from me before the New Year. I have it with the last host Wwoof written and I have to release it but then forgot. So is it now:

The Love Carry indeed asked if I could teach you a few Japanese words. Since I do not have anything else, I now write a few words and phrases that I was in Japan, especially when Wwoof need the time. I give no guarantee for accuracy.


Konnichiwa = Good morning probably already know the most people
If you should meet but once in the morning on a Japanese man, you say Ohayou Gozaimasu = Good morning.
evening you say, then Konbanwa = Good evening.
And just before going to bed you say Oyasumi nasai = Good night.

Now for the usual small talk things:
O nama wa (nan desu ka)? = What's your name / he / she / it? Nan desu ka one can pronounce or omit, the Japanese understand you either way. O-genki desu ka
? = How are you / him / her?
Hai, genki desu. = I'm fine.
Nan sai desu ka? = How old are you / he / she / it?
Ii desu ne o-tenki. = Nice weather, is not it?
Sun desu ne. = There is no real translation for it, but it is about something like "Yes, that is not it?". One can actually use anytime and anywhere. Especially when you tell a Japanese person something, then you should say it all the time, so that they have confirmation that you are listening to them.
Arigatou = Thank you
Gozaimasu Arigatou = Thank you (that is a polite thank you)
Doumou Gozaimasu Arigatou = Thank you very much
Kawaii = cute (meaning cute) is used always and for everything. However, in case you're dressed as monsters and kawaii stops, then that was probably more Kowai what fear means.

And now a few helpful phrases that you can use almost always: Kore wa nan desu ka
? = What is this? Kore wa nihongo de nan
desu ka? = What does that mean in Japanese?
[insert] wa doko desu ka? = Where is [insert]? Important if ye have run.
sumimasen = Sorry, if you want to appeal to someone on the street, then used sumimasen. Gomen nasai
= Sorry if you've made a mistake. Kore wa ikura desu ka
? = How much does it cost?

Finally, a few words that I hear when Wwoof permanently and use:
Hatake = The field
Jagaimo
Satsumaimo = = The potato The sweet potato
Mame = The bean
Atsui Samui = cold = hot

Amai = sweet

0 comments:

Post a Comment