Hello!
I'm writing again and this for the beautiful Sasayama, which is about 50km away from Osaka. Here I am again at a WWOOF host, which is quite different from the farm where I was before. It is to explain something complicated, like this everything works. The first few days after arriving I was a bit quite confused. Still, I try it once you explain what I'm doing here.
So the host, in which I live, is actually of 2 houses. The Nishimura-house you live in the family Nishimura, the Midori-san from the mother and her son is Gen (there is a second son, but lives in Tokyo). Then there is the Tsuji-house, live mainly in the Wwoof, with no real supervision. In the first house you have so more family life and the second house, the "party life" (but actually there are not really celebrated parties). So you can choose on arrival, what kind of house you want to live, provided no house is already occupied completely. I myself am in the family remained Nishimura, because there is a heating and internet. In another house there seems to be constantly cold, you have to ride your bike to work and there is absolutely no internet ...
gene, the so-called "Nou En founded project so that he will (sorry is that not exactly the right word ...) to address the aging of farm life. He thus takes Wwoof in their homes and places them free of the whole community in Sasayama available. The Farms that participate get there, so help us to Wwoof in their farm work, but are not even registered with Wwoof Japan. So I go almost every day a new farm and help out there. My work is currently mainly resulting from the Kuromame (black bean) plants to cut off the leaves. Much else I have not actually made in the 2 weeks I was here. This is because Sasayama is a famous place of production for Kuromame and supplies all over Japan. Moreover, almost every Japanese Kuromame need for Sylvester food.
As indicated here are several Wwoof on that host. With me in the house Nishimura still live the American Taylor, the Englishman and the German Timo Dan (whom I met at the previous host already). In the other house live Laura French, the English Lui, the Americans Lawson, and Japanese women Yoshimi and Yuriko. Most people here are very nice and pretty cool on it. Of course there are people I like less, but on the whole, I see myself with all the people very well. Also go here a lot of other people in and out, of which I have most part, but have no idea what they actually have to do with the family. A few are former students of the English School which was founded by the family Nishimura, some are teachers of this school, some are maybe just friends. Anyway, there's always something going on and I have a lot of fun: D
I experience here pretty neat things and may make typical Japanese stuff that probably elsewhere would cost a fortune. I was for example on a traditional Japanese festival (Matsuri). There, various groups of men carry around a kind of shrines in the district, in which sit above children indoors and drums. It then held a competition of who can longest and wildest of the groups carry round the shrines. The men drink beer and it also pretty much because they're so drunk from time to time is also small fights (but nothing serious). I must say I was quite shocked at first, but as long as one is no middle level inside, it's actually fun to watch. It also sold a lot of good food ^ ^ 2 of the gene WWOOFers and who have been through the shrines, which looked very exhausting. The next day, all bruised and sore shoulders had. Here are some pictures from the festival:
I was allowed to participate free of charge in a tea ceremony, because Midori-san, which organizes itself. Usually you can fork out for a tea ceremony, a lot of money, but I was lucky. Yuka-san, a former student of the English school has therefore prepared in a kimono and tea served. Midori-san was the teacher and Yuka-san has improved with her movements. It was quite interesting to watch it. Every movement was important and had to run perfectly be. The place where you sit or be placed in the cups, etc. was important. So in total there were observed very much.
The best thing I've seen, however, is that I could try on a kimono! Is not that cool? Unfortunately, I do not have all things fit perfectly, but it still looked good and was not really uncomfortable. But you had to put so many things ... Here is the photographic evidence. I have to say on some pictures you can tell me even a half-Japanese xD keep
I have seen sooo many other things and actually to tell you a bunch of stuff. But I have no desire to continue writing more does it take so long ... Since I anyway until 6.11. I will stay but write a second entry, and since then the rest is pure.
Love, Valerie
0 comments:
Post a Comment